OCLD Interview Questions with Answers
List of OCLD interview questions and answers:
1. AMERICAN SERVICE: Method of serving hotel or restaurant food, in which portions of food are placed on plates in the kitchen by the establishment’s employees and served to each guest by a waiter or waitress.
2. BASTING: Moistening the food during cooking by adding marinades or oil.
3. BUDGET: Estimated income and expenses for a particular period are called a Budget.
4. CABERNET: It is entertainment held in a nightclub or restaurant while the audience sits at tables.
5. COVER: A cover is a place set at a table. For example, In a restaurant.
7. OYSTER:- It is a type of shellfish.
9. TURNOVER: It is sales or revenue earned during a period of time.
10. WAIT STAFF: People serving in a Café or Restaurants.
11. BAIZE: Thick woolen material similar to feel used for covering the tabletops.
12. COCOTTE: Small round or oval ovenproof dish in which food may be cooked and served.
13. DECANTER: Narrow necked bottle or glass jug with a stopper, used for storing and serving wines or spirits.
14. MAIN COURSE: Main dish on the menu.
15. LOBSTER: It is a large shellfish with big claws.
16. RAMEKIN: Small baking dish for one portion.
17. SERVIETTE: French term to denote napkin.
18. TUREEN: Deep-covered dish from which soup is served at the table using a ladle.
19. FLAMBÉ: It literally means flamed. In flambé preparations, spirits are added to the dish and ignited.
20. FOOD COURT: A number of autonomous food counters are located in one place from where light meals, snacks, ice creams, beverages, and so on can be bought and eaten in a common area.
21. TAKEAWAY: Packed dish, taken away by the customer.
22. COMBO MEAL: It is a combination of snacks and beverages, snacks and salad or snacks, and sweets, mainly to promote sales.
23. INDIAN BREAD: It refers to Indian wheat products, such as Roti, Naan, Paratha, Chapati, and so on.
24. IN-ROOM FACILITIES:- These are the facilities available in the hotel rooms other than basic amenities.
25. DRAMBUIE: Honey flavor liqueur.
26. COINTREAU: Orange flavor liqueur.
27. SPIRIT: Distilled alcoholic beverage.
28. ALCOHOLIC WASH: It is a fermented liquid used in distillation.
29. AMBIENT YEAST: It is a different species of yeast found in the air, soil, plants, etc.
30. MALT: It is a germinated cereal.
31. RESTED:- It means leaving aside in a cask without disturbing.
32. EASTERS: They are volatile compounds formed when acids interact with alcohol. They give a bouquet of wines and spirits.
33. VAT: It is a container, often wood, used for fermentation and aging.
34. VAPOURIZATION: It is the process of converting liquid to vapor by heating.
35. YEAST: It is a living single-celled organism.
36. AROMA: It means scents from the grapes.
37. FULL-BODIED: It is a wine with a rich, mouth-filling texture and weight on the palate, as opposed to thin.
38. HERBACEOUS: It refers to a vegetal, grassy tone in aromas and flavors.
39. CARBONIC MACERATION: It refers to intracellular fermentation that occurs in the presence of Carbon dioxide and in the absence of oxygen in a closed container.
40. CREMANT: It is champagne with two atmospheres behind the cork.
41. MOUSSE: It refers to froth, bubbles, or foam.
42. STILL WINE: It is a wine obtained by natural fermentation without any effervescence or higher alcoholic content.
43. CARAFE: It is a wide-mouthed glass or metal bottle with a lip or spout, for holding and serving beverages.
44. NOBLE ROT: Grapes dried by the fungus Botrytis cinerea naturally in a humid climate. This makes the grapes concentrate the sugar which results in sweet wine.
45. GROSSE LAGE: It is the collection of Vineyards from a village having the same soil, terrain, and climate.
46. TROCKEN: It means dry.
47. SEKT: It means sparkling.
48. BARRICA: It is a small oak barrel used (in Spain) for aging wines.
49. TABLE WINES: These are Still wines having 7 to 14 percent alcohol. It includes red, white, and rose.
50. CAVA: These are sparkling wines made in Spain using Méthode champenoise.
Share this Knowledge
Also, <<Check out our OCLD E-book>> Specially made for OCLD Interview Preparation with All Questions & Answers.