Chicken Banjara Recipe
Simple, and delicious Chicken Banjara is very famous in Rajasthani households. Banjara means Gypsies. Hence the dish that is made in a jiffy with the simplest ingredients in Chicken Banjara. Serve Rajasthani chicken banjara along with roomali roti, steamed rice for a weekend dinner.
- Chicken:- 750 grams.
- Oil:- 1 Cup.
- Onion paste:- 3/4 cup.
- Garlic paste:- 1 tbsp.
- Red chili powder:- 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder:- 1 tsp.
- Sauce:- 4 to 5 tbsp.
- Kasuri methi:- 1 tsp.
- Bay leaves:- 2 tsp.
- Cloves:- 4
- Black peppercorns:- 4
- Dry red chili:- 4 to 5
- At first heat oil in a nonstick wok and add bay leaf, pepper, cloves, Kasuri methi, and dry red chilies. And then sauté for a minute.
- Add onion paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add ginger, garlic paste, and fry it till it’s golden in color and leaves a nice aroma.
- Add the chicken along with the sauce, red chili powder, turmeric and mix it nicely. Fry on low heat till oil starts leaving from sides.
- Add warm water as per requirement and adjust salt to taste.
- Now nicely cook the chicken.
- Serve Rajasthani Chicken Banjara along with steamed rice.