- What is Hotel Management Software?
- 7 Best Free Hotel Management Software for Small Hotels
What is Hotel Management Software?
Hotel management software is a computer program that assists in managing the day-to-day operations of a hotel. This type of software can help with tasks such as room bookings, guest check-in and check-out, revenue management, and inventory control.
It can also help hotels to easily track the occupancy rate, reservation, and other important metrics, which can be used to make data-driven decisions to improve overall performance.
This Hospitality management software is typically web-based, meaning it can be accessed from any device (Mac or Windows) with an internet connection.
It also allows for easy integration with other software systems, such as point-of-sale systems and accounting software.
What are the Benefits of Hotel Management Software?
The software can be used by hotels of all sizes, from small-sized hotels to large hotel chains.
It can be used to manage various aspects of the hotel, including front-of-house operations, such as reservations and guest check-in, hotel revenue management, hotel property management, and back-of-house operations, such as inventory and payroll management.
Hotel management system software can be a valuable tool for hotels to improve efficiency and streamline operations.
Overall, with the help of this online software, a small-sized hotel can automate many tasks, reduce errors, increase guest satisfaction, and ultimately give a boost to its profits.
Things to consider when searching for Online Hotel Management Software
The software can play a vital role in your Hotel business. Perfect Hotel software makes a huge change to the way Hotels are managed.
That’s why here I’ll discuss 5 key factors to consider while choosing for best hospitality management software,
1. Easy to Operate: Always look for user-friendly software that is very easy to operate for hotel staff. The features and integrations of the software should be very quick and easy to operate.
2. Data Security: Only use software that can be able to keep your important data and information safe from hackers or any other issues.
3. Ongoing Support: When you choose software for your hotel business, make sure to check the software has 24/7 support with it. It is the most required feature to fix software-related issues quickly.
4. Speed: Task handling speed is the most important factor for software. Check whether it can complete tasks quickly or not. Because it can affect your hotel operations and sales.
5. Help to grow Sales: Make sure the software you choose for your hotel business, can really help you to grow your hotel sales. Because some software only helps to manage different hotel operations.
7 Best Free Hotel Management Software for Small Hotels
List of cloud-based free small hotel management software:
Cloudbeds is a very trusted and the best cloud-based integrated hotel software program. It can help your business to succeed.
It’s very helpful to manage your entire hotel business operations. Cloudbeds can provide team access, a library of resources, and 24/7 reliable and quick support. And the interface of this software is very clean and easy to use.
It provides an automatic rate management strategy which can save your time and make more profit. Cloudbeds provide the best payment and financial reporting platform which is very beneficial for your hotel.
Cloudbeds also can help your property’s online presence including multiple channels and direct bookings with Cloudbeds Amplify.
It can help with guest engagement, which is very helpful to reach your targeted guests or clients to post-stay while driving upsell revenue.
Features you’ll get:
- This software can help to grow your hospitality business faster.
- It can help with guest engagement.
- This software provides a very easy-to-use interface.
- It can help to make your payments and financial reporting platform.
- Will help your property’s online presence in multiple channels and direct bookings.
HotelRunner is the best hotel PMS software that can help you to make your Hotel business easier. This PMS software will make your booking smooth.
Through it, you can check the availability at any time anywhere by logging in to the Hotelrunner’s account. It gives you the best income ability over a certain period of time. Also, you can check how much the deposit has been paid and check your remaining balances.
This hotel property management software has an automated system that generates invoices, and booking confirmations automatically. The dashboard is also very helpful and is a notification for every new reservation and task.
Features you’ll get:
- It gives you multi-platform support.
- It gives you the best accounting system.
- It provides a very user-friendly dashboard.
- Have multi-channel synchronization which is very helpful for booking.
- Provides 24/7 support. You can contact HotelRunner developers to ask questions.
- All-time available calendar script.
- Can monitor employee activities and services as well as guest ratings through it.
Ezee FrontDesk is the best hotel front desk software that you can use in your hotel front office.
This online software can perform various operations and reservations for your arriving guests. And it can help to set up separate room rates for different types of guests.
The Ezee Frontdesk can help to analyze meal plans and packages and help manage your bills and payments for your hotel. Through this software, you can also operate the back office system works also.
Also, this software can help to perform various credit card facilities. For example, Verify, Capture, Refund, Authorize, etc. And all the tasks it can do automatically.
This software provides a full-fledged mobile app and it’s really very helpful, no matter if you leave your front desk and run your hotel on the go.
Features you’ll get:
- It can set up separate room rates for different types of guests.
- The software will help to perform various credit card facilities.
- It can present the summarized data of the hotel’s quarterly performance in terms of available rooms, total nights sold, etc.
- It can track the available and sold rooms, complimentary rooms, arrivals, departures, and more.
4. Duetto Cloud
Generating consistent revenue is the biggest challenge for any industry, especially the Hospitality sector. Conversion, guest loyalty, operational efficiency, and revenue are the 4 key factors for the hospitality industry to grow & shine.
Duetto helps in these 4 main challenges by simplifying the complexity with unique and powerful applications that help to increase these 4 factors seamlessly.
Duetto is a popular cloud-based hotel revenue management software that helps hotels to get the leading strategies, processes & workflows which helps to get a crystal clear picture of the hotel industries.
Features you’ll get:
- Duetto helps hotels to develop & implement the most profitable & competitive strategies.
- It helps to build day-level forecasts in minutes in order to get instant business insights.
- It can help to enhance the level of performance.
- This software’s UI is very clean and easy to use.
This is the best accounting software that you can use for your hotel business.
You can use this software to snap receipt photos, e-mail receipts to your account, and also import expenses from your bank account. It can help to organize and assign them to clients.
With this software’s help, you can work on multiple projects at the same time. Time tracking is the most important task that can Freshbooks be done automatically.
Freshbooks can make it easier for each and every account project for your clients, team, and contractors to file sharing and update all in one place.
Freshbooks can help with payments to your clients with so many different modes. For example, check-out links to credit cards, debit cards, net banking, and more.
It provides a user-friendly dashboard which is very helpful to track each and every dollar in and out of your business. And it shows the payment views and profitability.
Freshbooks also provide a mobile app facility. Suppose you are not able to operate this system from your PC, then you can access this software from their mobile app.
Features you’ll get:
- It can help snap receipt photos, e-mail receipts to your account, and many more.
- It can help to organize and assign them to clients.
- Freshbooks can help with payments to your clients in different ways.
- It provides a user-friendly dashboard to the users.
- This software is also accessible through their mobile application.
Are you a hotel or restaurant owner looking for a way to manage your online reputation? This online software is the perfect solution for anyone in the hospitality industry looking to stay on top of what people are saying about their business.
With Innsight’s reputation management service, you’ll be able to monitor your online presence across multiple platforms, including review sites, social media, and industry-specific portals.
This means now you’ll always know what people are saying about your business, and you’ll be able to address their issues that arise quickly and effectively.
One of the best things about the software is its sentiment analysis feature. This powerful tool allows you to understand the overall tone of the feedback you’re receiving, so you can identify patterns and trends. This information can be used to make improvements to your business and address any recurring issues.
In addition to monitoring and analysis, it also offers a response management feature. This allows you to quickly and easily respond to feedback, which is essential to maintain a positive online reputation.
It’s an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution that will help you stay on top of your online reputation and ensure your business thrives. So, I highly recommend checking out Insight for all your hotel reputation management needs.
Features you’ll get:
- It allows you to easily respond to reviews on popular review sites such as TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Google.
- It provides detailed reporting on your hotel’s online reputation, including review scores, sentiment analysis, and more.
- This software constantly scans the web for mentions of your hotel or restaurant, to quickly respond to any negative reviews or comments.
- It compares your hotel’s online reputation against competitors, giving you insight into areas where you can improve.
7. Planning Pod
This hotel software will help you to boost your revenues and upscale your service level. This software offers 20+ integrated event management and CRM software tools.
This Planning Pod software can help to track any event dates and times for leads which is very helpful for each and every prospect to make any decision.
Also, this software gives the best solution and can help you to make the best strategic plan for growing your banquet sales business.
All processes are very easy which creates the best impression on customers. It can also help with the food and beverage order tracking process.
This easy-to-use event management software can help you to manage any event and all the catering orders whether your venue is on-premise or even off-premise.
This cloud-based software is very easy to use. You can use it on any device, smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Features you’ll get:
- It will help you to boost your revenue and upscale your service level.
- This software can help to track any event dates and times.
- It can help with F&B order tracking.
- This software can help you to manage any event and all the catering orders.
- You can use it on any device, smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Hotel management software really useful?
Yes, Hotel software is really very useful. It can help to manage day-to-day hotel operation tasks very easily. And can grow your hotel business exponentially.
How much does hotel management software cost?
The Hotel software costs around $500 to $10,000 and it totally depends on the software version and the total number of Hotel rooms.
What system do most Hotels use?
Most Hotels use PMS (Property Management System) to manage all the Hotel’s check-in, check-out, reservations, guest portfolios, profiles, or invoices.