The buffet service always plays a major role in the hotel. Other than the three main meals Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Brunch, full afternoon tea, and high tea are also served in the food service areas of the hotels, international catering units, and other restaurants to meet the requirements of the guests.
So, now here I will discuss the buffet table setting arrangement.
How to set Buffet Table in Hotel
These are the steps for setting a buffet table:
1. First of all, Buffet set up should be in a way that there is ample space for the customers to move around freely and to choose the dishes displayed.
2. It should be near the pickup and dish wash area so that replenishment and the clearing of dirty dishes can be done fast and effectively.
3. The number of customers to be set up is determined by the area available, time available for service, number of guests to be served, and category of dishes. The counters are divided into food, beverages, and water.
4. The buffet table should be covered up with a clean cloth and the edge of the table should be pinned with a long clean satin cloth of pleasing colors. If satin is not used, the fall of the cloth should be even all around the table.
5. Occasional tables and chairs are positioned leaving adequate space for the guests and service staff to move freely. These tables should be clothed up with a well-laundered cloth.
6. The buffet table should have the necessary food service equipment like cutlery, crockery, service gear, and serviettes neatly arranged.
7. The tea and coffee section of the buffet will have adequate cups and saucers with teaspoons arranged in two tiers. A basin or any container may be kept under the table to collect the drips of beverages.
8. The juice and soft drinks buffet will be equipped with assorted glassware, ice bucket, drinking straws, paper napkins, bottle openers, salver, and any other item that may be required for service.
9. The separate counter near the wash or at convenient places should be set up required for service.
10. A separate counter near the wash or at convenient places should be set up to collect the soiled crockery and cutlery. The table must have a bowl to collect the food wastage and a tray for collecting dirty cutlery.
11. Keep trash cans at convenient positions for collecting used disposable. They should be lined with disposable bags. The floral centerpiece should be the focal point around which the dishes of food would be placed. Cake stands may be used for presentation and display purposes.
Here is the practicle video guide for you,
The occupations and socializing activities of people have influenced change in eating habits significantly which has demanded the introduction of brunches and high teas.
Brunch is a heavy metal that combines breakfast and lunch often offered during holidays on Sundays, after an event, etc. And is frequently taken by aircrews who arrive at the hotel late at night.
Operations may include anything during the brunch and savories, sweets, and beverages during the high tea. Changing the food habits of the consumers should be constantly monitored so as to offer what is required by the guests.