How to Serve Beer in a Restaurant
Points should be kept in mind while serving beer:
1. While serving the beer make sure to use only clean and appropriate glass without any traces of grease, finger marks, or stains.
2. And serve the beer at the correct temperature. Most Indians and Americans prefer drinking all kinds of beer chilled. The ideal temperature range for beer service is 13-15 degrees celsius.
3. The room temperature for a bottled brown ale, stout, barley wine, and Trappist beer is 16-18 degrees celsius.
4. Pour beer with just enough head.
Note that, the Ale is served at 12-14 degrees celsius and Lager is the best served at 7-10 degrees celsius.
Service Procedure of Beer in Restaurant
Beers can be served in two things:
1. Beer Steins
Beer Steins are heavy thick mugs specially designed to hold beer without breakage. They have sturdy handles for easier lifting. Beer Steins are a special kind of Beer mug that originated in Germany. Typically they hold between 12 to 16 ounces. A Beer Stein is much like a Beer mug. But includes a thumb rest or a lid.
2. Beer Glass
Some glasses are specifically designed to hold pints of Beer or Pilaster and larger Beer. Pilaster glasses are flared with the top being wider than the blotto. Pint glasses are large, most tapering down to the bottom.
Most pubs serve beer which is dispensed through a tap. Pubs in India are gaining more popularity, especially amongst the youth.
Depending on the type of beer available in the establishment. The waiter serves any of the following types of beer to the guests according to their preferences,
- Draught Beer.
- Bottled Beer.
- Canned Beer.
The types of glasses used for the beer service are:
- Half-pint glass for draught beer
- Beer mug for Bottled beer
- Goblet for Guinness
- Lager glasses for Lager beer
So, the service of beer calls for all skills and extensive knowledge. The wait staff should know the right glassware, the quantity to be poured, the temperature at which each drink should be served, and the alcoholic content of the drinks to ensure customer satisfaction. Every establishment sets its own Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).Share this Knowledge