Food Production Interview Questions with Answers
1. Bacterias: Unicellular microorganisms.
2. Bugs: Another name for Bacteria and Germs.
3. Carborundum: A type of stone for sharpening knives.
4. Cook: One who cooks at the bottom of the organizational structure.
5. Chef: The French word for chief, usually referred to as experienced cook and kitchen manager.
6. Commies: French word for cooks on the bottom of the organizational structure.
7. Cuisine: French word for things related to food.
8. Demi Chef De Partie: Assistant to the kitchen supervisor. Also called DCDP sometimes.
9. Executive Chef: One who heads the kitchen and is overall in charge.
10. Food Poisoning: Sickness caused by food infected with microorganisms.
11. Food Safety: Methods of preparing food in a safe and hygienic manner.
12. HACCP: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a program that certifies safe and hygienic practices.
13. Hygiene: Science that deals with cleanliness and sanitation.
14. Garde Manger: A section in the kitchen that is responsible for cold food preparations such as salads and sandwiches.
15. Al Dente: An Italian term used to denote a commodity that has been cooked to a degree where it still is slightly firm to eat.
16. Savory: Food item which is salted.
17. Shallots: A type of onion that has a flavor of onion and garlic.
18. Texture: The mouthfeel of any food. For example- Crunchy, Crisp, Soft, etc.
19. Poaching: Method of cooking commodity in simmering liquid.
20. Pomme: French for apple.
21. Stone Fruits: Fruits that have seeds resembling almonds, For example- Peaches, Nectarines, and Plums.
22. Bouquet Garni: French for a bunch of herbs used to flavor western stocks.
23. Consommé: A crystal clear classical French soup, in which the stock is clarified further with minced meat and eggs.
24. Court bouillon: Water boiled with flavorings and vinegar. It is used as a poaching liquor for fish.
25. Dashi: Japanese stock.
26. Foumet: A French word for Fish stock.
- Hey, do you want a list of All Hotel Interview Questions with Answers to Food Production Questions. Then, <<Check this e-Book>> Specially made for Hotel Interview Preparation with All Questions & Answers.