Food and Beverages are served to guests in many ways in food service areas. Gueridon service is one of the methods of serving food.
It refers to the mobile service table/ trolley, from which dishes are dressed, prepared, carved, and flamed in the presence of guests near their table.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Gueridon Service
Gueridon Service Advantages
These are the advantages of gueridon service:
1. Highly personalized service. The wait staff prepares or carves the dish and serves the guest personally.
2. High level of customer satisfaction. The dishes are prepared, carved, or flambéed in the guest’s presence.
3. Good merchandising device. Guests will be tempted to order dishes that are served from the trolley.
4. Wait staff can exhibit their culinary, carving, and service skills. The wait staff has an opportunity to impress the guests by demonstrating its cooking, flambéing, carving, and skills to them. It also gives them good job satisfaction.
5. High average spending power. The revenue generated will be more as the dishes served from the gueridon trolley are always expensive.
Gueridon Service Disadvantages
These are the limitations or disadvantages of gueridon service:
1. Slow service. The time taken to extend the service from the trolley is more.
2. Low seat turnover. The number of times a seat is sold during the operation hours will be low as the service takes more time.
3. Expensive style of service as it requires more service area and highly skilled staff for handling the Gueridon cart.
4. Chances of accidents are more.
5. More investment in the service equipment.
6. Cooking in the service area may leave an odor.