Here I discuss more than 50 hotel interview questions with answers for food and beverage service.
Hotel Interview Questions with Answers for Food and Beverage Service
1. American service: Method of serving a meal in a hotel or restaurant in which portions of food are placed on plates in the kitchen by the establishment’s employees and served to each guest by a waiter or waitress. To know more about it click here.
2. Basting: Moistening the food during cooking by adding marinades or oil.
3. Bombe: A type of ice cream which takes its name from the shape of the mold in which it is frozen.
4. Cover: It is a place set at a table in a restaurant.
5. Oyster: It is a type of Shel-fish.
6. Silver Service: It is a method of serving food. Food is always served with a service spoon and fork from the left-hand side of the guest. To know more about it click here.
7. Bin Card: A Stock status recording document for a particular material held in a Stock room for the recording of Stock receipts and issues.
8. BOT: BOT is the short form of “Bar Order Ticket”.
9. Cellar: Underground room for storing Alcoholic drinks, especially wines. To know more about it check here.
10. Chinese cruets: These consist of chili vinegar, soya sauce, and chili sauce.
11. Mousseline: Hollandaise sauce with cream.
12. Partie: It is a section in the main kitchen.
13. Recipe: List of ingredients with quantity and method of making a dish.
14. Wholesome food: Healthy and safe food.
15. Caviar: The eggs of various large fish, especially sturgeon.
16. Champagne: Sparkling wine. Check for more examples.
17. Consomme: Thin, clarified soup.
18. Cover: A place setting for one guest.
19. Cruet: Salt and Pepper Set.
20. Lobster: It is a large sell fish with big claws.
21. Main course: A main dish on the menu.
22. Serviette: French term to denote napkin.
23. Tureen: Deep-covered dish from which soup is served at the table using a ladle.
24. Par Stock: Stock level for each alcoholic drink item that should be maintained at the bar.
25. Waffle: Thick light crisp pancake, cooked in waffle iron to get a pattern of indentations on both sides.
26. Combo meal: It is a combination of snacks, and sweets, mainly to promote sales.
27. Blinis: It is a small thick savory pancake made from buckwheat flour.
28. Flute: A long thin French roll.
29. Sherry: It is a fortified wine. To know more about it click here.
30. Madeira: It is a fortified wine. To know more about it click here.
31. Service gear: These are service implements used for food service. Example– Service spoon and fork. To know more about it click here.
32. Cognac: Brandy from the Cognac region of France. Know more about it here.
33. Kahlúa: Coffee flavor liqueur.
34. Liqueurs: Flavored and Sweetened spirits. To know more about it click here.
35. Rum: Distilled from fermented molasses or other sugar cane products. To know more about Rum click here.
36. Scotch whiskey: Distilled drinks from Scotland. To know more about it click here.
37. Skimmed Milk: Type of milk with no fat.
38. Spirit: Distilled alcoholic beverage.
39. Vodka: Highly rectified Russian spirit distilled from potatoes or cereals. To know more about Vodka click here.
40. Tequila: Mexican spirit distilled from the Agave tequilana weber plant. To know more about Tequila click here.
41. Tia Maria: Coffee flavor liqueur.
42. Alcoholic wash: It is a ferment used in distillation.
43. Distillation: It is the process of separating elements in a liquid by vaporization and condensation.
44. Malt: It is a germinated cereal.
45. Yeast: It is a living single-celled organism.
46. Crémant: It is champagne with two atmospheres behind the cork.
47. Mousse: It refers to froth, bubbles, or foam.
48. Still wine: It is a wine obtained by natural fermentation without any effervescence or higher alcoholic content. To know more about it click here.
49. Automatized wine: It is flavored wine. To know more about it click here.
50. Bitters: These are spirits flavored with flavoring agents. To know more about it click here.
Apart from these questions, There are lots more questions and answers available for the F&B service Interview.
And also, <<Check Out our e-Book>> Specially made for OCLD Interview Preparation with All Questions & Answers.