Here I discuss more than 50 hotel interview questions with answers for food and beverage service.
So let’s start.
Hotel Interview Questions with Answers for Food and Beverage Service
- American service:- Method of serving a meal in a hotel or restaurant in which portions of food are placed on plates in the kitchen by the establishment’s employees and served to each guest by a waiter or waitress. To know more about it click here
- Basting:- Moistening the food during cooking by adding marinades or oil.
- Bombe:- A type of ice cream which takes its name from the shape of the mold in which it is frozen.
- Cover:- It is a place set at a table, in a Restaurant.
- Oyster:- It is a type of Shel-fish.
- Silver Service:- It is a method of serving food. Food always served with a service spoon and fork from the left-hand side of the guest. To know more about it click here
- Bin Card:- A Stock status recording documents for a particular material held in a Stock room for the recording of Stock receipt sand issues.
- BOT:- Bar Order Ticket.
- Cellar:- Underground room for storing Alcoholic drinks, especially wines. Know more about it check here
- Chinese cruets:- These consist of chili vinegar, soya sauce, and chili sauce.
- Mousseline :- Hollandaise sauce with cream.
- Partie:- It is a section in the main kitchen.
- Recipe:- List of ingredients with quantity and method of making a dish.
- Wholesome food:- Healthy and safe food.
- Caviar:- The eggs of various large fish, especially sturgeon.
- Champagne:- Sparkling wine. Click to more examples.
- Consomme:- Thin, clarified soup.
- Cover:- A place setting for one guest.
- Cruet:- Salt and Pepper Set.
- Lobster:- It is a large sell fish with big claws.
- Main course:- A main dish of the menu.
- Serviette:- French term to denote napkin.
- Tureen:- Deep covered dish from which soup is served at the table using a ladle.
- Par Stock:- Stock level for each alcoholic drink item that should be maintained at the bar.
- Waffle:- Thick light crisp pancake, cooked in waffle iron to get a pattern of indentations on both sides.
- Combo meal:- It is a combination of snacks, and sweets, mainly to promote sales.
- Blinis:- It is a small thick savory pancake made from buckwheat flour.
- Flute:- A long thin French roll.
- Sherry:- It is a fortified wine. To know more about it click here
- Madeira:- It is a fortified wine. To know more about it click here
- Service gear:- These are service implements used for food service. Example:- Service spoon and fork. To know more about it click here
- Cognac:- Brandy from the Cognac region of France. Know more about it here
- Kahlúa:- Coffee flavor liqueur.
- Rum:- Distilled from fermented molasses or other sugar cane products. To know more about Rum click here
- Scotch whiskey:- Distilled drink from Scotland. To know more about it click here
- Skimmed Milk:- Type of milk with no fat.
- Spirit:- Distilled alcoholic beverage. Click here
- Vodka:- Highly rectified Russian spirit distilled from potatoes or cereals. To know more about Vodka click here
- Tequila:- Mexican spirit distilled from Agave tequilana weber plant. To know more about Tequila click here
- Tia Maria:- Coffee flavor liqueur.
- Alcoholic wash:- It is a fermented used in distillation.
- Distillation:- It is the process of separating elements in a liquid by vaporization and condensation.
- Malt:- It is a germinated cereal.
- Yeast:- It is a living single-celled organism.
- Crémant:- It is the champagne with two atmospheres behind the cork.
- Mousse:- It refers to froth, bubbles, or foam.
- Still wine:- It is a wine obtained by natural fermentation without any effervescence or higher alcoholic content. To know more about it click here
- Bitters:- These are spirits flavored with flavoring agents. To know more about it click here
So, Friends prepare all the above 50 questions with answers and you will definitely get help for your upcoming interviews.
Hey, do you know I recently launched an E-book, In this e-book you can get a list of 350+ Hotel Interview Questions with Answers (with Free Food Production Questions).
If you completes this one single E-book then you have no need to read anything more to crack F&B service Interviews. Wants to know more? “Check Here“
To know more Hotel Interview questions with answers click here.